Menu

Quick! I need a yummy, thrify family birthday party menu...

We are having family over for dinner Sunday and my dh wants to go to the store now. I don't want to serve the usuals (hamburgers, sloppy joes, pizza). I am thinking of something easy like pasta or something. I want it to be healthy (atleast somewhat!) and not too spendy. So help me PLEASE!!!

Meat -

Pasta Side-

Other Side? -

Fruit -

Dessert -

Michelle

We are having family over for dinner Sunday and my dh wants to go to the store now. I don't want to serve the usuals (hamburgers, sloppy joes, pizza). I am thinking of something easy like pasta or something. I want it to be healthy (atleast somewhat!) and not too spendy. So help me PLEASE!!!

Michelle

Meat & Pasta - Lasagna

Other Side? - green salad & garlic bread

Fruit - apple sauce

Dessert - 1. put a bunch of whipping cream in the bottom of a pan. 2. Squirt with choc. sauce. 3. Pull apart ice cream sandwiches and put them ice cream side down in the choc. sauce. 4. Squirt more choc. sauce on top. 5. Next a layer of whipping cream. 6. Repeat #3-5 and finally 7. Squirt a decorative layer of choc. sauce on top.

I saw the Duggars doing this once and thought--huh, what a cool cheap dessert.

Meat -

Pasta Side-

Other Side? -

Fruit -

Dessert -

Michelle

What about a taco bar?

Chili

Cornbread

Salad

Sweet Potatoes/Squash

Brownie Bites

ALL very inexpensive! Or, I just made some AMAZING quesadillas w/ mandarin orange salsa I saw on a cooking show... dh couldn't stop raving about them and the kids asked me if I could make them EVERY night. If that would work, pm me and I'll give you the recipe. Inexpensive and it makes a BUNCH.