Menu

Yes, another Disney post. :) Really, I do need a quick bit of advice on dining plan

:D

Well, I didn't feel like looking for my other thread, so I am starting a new one.

I have made our dining reservations. I did make a mistake on how many table service credits we had and went over by 1.

Here is what we have:

Sun. ~ Liberty Tree Tavern, dinner

Mon. ~ Boma, breakfast

Tues. ~ Coral Reef, dinner

Wed. ~ Tusker House, dinner

Thurs. ~ Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue, 2 dining credits

Fri. ~ Le Cellier, lunch (we had to split our group into 2 groups of 3 to get in)

Sat. ~ 'Ohana, dinner

So, would you pay for one meal or drop one so there is no cost out of pocket? On one hand, I figure that we are saving a ton on food, so what is the big deal about paying for one meal (we would pay for Boma since this would be the least expensive and I figure it to be about $150 including tax and tip). On the other hand, I think why pay for an extra meal as that money could be spent on some souveniers or something.

If we drop a meal, I was thinking of dropping Le Cellier since it is for lunch and our party is split up. We could also drop Hoop-Dee-Doo and do a different dinner reservation that night that takes only 1 credit. Or we could pay for Boma and not worry about it.

What would you do?

Thanks!

I would keep all of the reservations and make a final decision once I was there. Truly. That will give you the most flexibility. (Of course, if you wanted to drop Hoop-dee-doo, you would have to do so ahead of time -- I don't remember if it's 24 or 48 hours for that one.)

If you're not staying at AKL, I would drop Boma probably. But really, I'd wait and make a decision once I was there.

I would keep all of the reservations and make a final decision once I was there. Truly. That will give you the most flexibility. (Of course, if you wanted to drop Hoop-dee-doo, you would have to do so ahead of time -- I don't remember if it's 24 or 48 hours for that one.)

If you're not staying at AKL, I would drop Boma probably. But really, I'd wait and make a decision once I was there.

keep in mind the hop dee doo is one of the oldest dinner/dance shows and hardest to get into. We went last year and even the 12 yr old boy liked it. It is all you can get ribs & fried chicken, which I'm sure helped but we all found it entertaining! If anything, I'd drop a character meal ~

You got some really coveted reservations!!! I say keep 'em. Pay for one meal. Totally worth it!!! Don't drop LeCellier!!! It was my favorite meal there (well, that and Coral Reef!).

If I had to drop one, I'd say Liberty Tree. The characters are fun, but the food was just okay. Your kids are a bit older - right? You can see all those characters in other places if you really want to.

I just made our reservations today:

Boma (dinner)

O'hanas (dinner)

Cinderella's Royal Table (dinner for dd and me!)

Marakesh

and Whispering Canyon (for dh and the boys)

Now, to convince dh that this is a good idea!

My dh says to wait until we are there to make the final decision, but I have a hard time letting something like this dangle. It will bug me until I make a final decision. Dh doesn't care what we do, he is leaving all the details to me. He is fine paying for one of the meals, so that is not necessarily the issue.

I don't want to drop any of them really (Boma is the restaurant I really want to eat at, so I would prefer not to drop it). Of all the times I have been to WDW, I have never done a dinner show, so we would like to keep the Hoop-Dee-Doo.

I think my issue is more about squaring away in my mind the issue of spending money on food when we have the free meal plan. I know I am probably making a bigger deal out of this than it needs to be, so maybe I should just leave things as is and don't worry about it.

Thanks for the advice.

You got some really coveted reservations!!! I say keep 'em. Pay for one meal. Totally worth it!!! Don't drop LeCellier!!! It was my favorite meal there (well, that and Coral Reef!).

If I had to drop one, I'd say Liberty Tree. The characters are fun, but the food was just okay. Your kids are a bit older - right? You can see all those characters in other places if you really want to.

I just made our reservations today:

Boma (dinner)

O'hanas (dinner)

Cinderella's Royal Table (dinner for dd and me!)

Marakesh

and Whispering Canyon (for dh and the boys)

Now, to convince dh that this is a good idea!

You know, this may be the one to drop. We will be flying in on Sunday and as of now I haven't booked a flight so I don't know what our schedule will look like. Maybe I will wait to make a decision until after I book a flight and then decide if we want to do Liberty Tree Tavern or not. The main reason I chose this one is because they have food my ds will eat. :) I also thought 1 character meal would be fun, but that was about all we wanted in the way of characters at dinner. This would be the one I am most willing to drop.

I guess I wil have to resign myself to putting this issue on the back burner for a while.

Oh, we were going to do Whispering Canyon and then decided to try for Hoop-Dee-Doo.

It looks like you will have some great meals, too!

Hoop Dee Doo is so much fun, don't drop it. The character dinner at 1900 Park Faire is fun, those wicked step sisters crack me up. I agree with Jennifer, the food at Liberty Tree O.K., but not my cup of tea.

I would keep the same number of reservations and pay for Boma. And drink some Frunch and eat some Bobotie for me. :drool5: