Menu

Friend Considering Homeschooling

One of my friends is considering homeschooling her ds who is 7 and dd who is 6. She is really on the fence, so I told her I would send her some links for books and articles to read to help her make the decision. What are your favorite pro-homeschooling articles and books? TWTM, obviously, but what else should she read?

Thanks!

How about something by John Holt?

And if your state has a wonderful resource center - we have a great website - that explains the laws of what a school can and can't force you to do and they have some great links on it to other sites about home schooling. The site I am referring to is AHEM - Advocates for Home Education in Massachusetts http://www.ahem.info/

I AM a friend of a homeschooler and just about 100% sure we are homeschooling next year. tell her to read these forums and listen to you.

the best thing that has happened to me is that my FRIEND loaned me tons of her material to try out. She gave me a stack of her failures to try out, as well. who knows, her failure could be my success story!

I am kind of doing some of what she does and seeing if it sticks.

we started with borrowing her sonlight core 3. it is awesome. love it. we are not religious, but finding it wonderful. I am learning a lot.

We purchased TT for math and loving that, too.

She uses FLL. I am going with shurley grammer.

she has no interest in science. I think she is using sonlight science. We are using apologia. Haven't ordered it yet.

just my 2cents

Robin