Menu

Bible course recommendation...

I shared this on the k-8 curr. board in response to a question asked over there.

I was looking for a text for a Bible course that would be similar to the Bible course my daughter took in public school. I wanted a course that focused on the Bible as an influence on art, literature, law, etc. I wanted the course to be fairly neutral. I wanted the text to be beautiful.

The Bible and Its Influence was spot on.

I just wanted to let you know in case someone is looking for something like this.

I was able to use this as a base and then I added in books on theology to make a full credit.

Kelli:

What ages would this book be appropriate for? Did you use just the student book or did you also purchase the teacher's edition? This looks like what I'm trying to do for Bible next year for my 9th grader, but my 6th & 7th grader would also be a part of it. Any further info would be great. Thanks.

Yvonne in NE

Kelli:

What ages would this book be appropriate for? Did you use just the student book or did you also purchase the teacher's edition? This looks like what I'm trying to do for Bible next year for my 9th grader, but my 6th & 7th grader would also be a part of it. Any further info would be great. Thanks.

Yvonne in NE

I think is definitely a high school book but it is not so hard that your 6th and 7th grader could not follow along.

a full credit in theology? It does look like a beautiful book!

Thanks for sharing!

Ummm...I know we added The Knowledge of the Holy and one of John Piper's books but I can't remember which one off hand. And I am too lazy to go look. These stand out because she did not enjoy them at all, I was surprised. Oh, I know she read the two John MacArthur books about 12 men and 12 women. (Too lazy to go get you the actual titles) I think that may have been all.

• 4 years later...
Guest susangeo
I shared this on the k-8 curr. board in response to a question asked over there.

I was looking for a text for a Bible course that would be similar to the Bible course my daughter took in public school. I wanted a course that focused on the Bible as an influence on art, literature, law, etc. I wanted the course to be fairly neutral. I wanted the text to be beautiful.

The Bible and Its Influence was spot on.

I just wanted to let you know in case someone is looking for something like this.

I was able to use this as a base and then I added in books on theology to make a full credit.

Would this work well for a highschooler?