Menu

what do I do with last year's completed work?

Caitilin

I tossed my dc's math things, saved some (well ok most) of their writing/poetry, and of course all of their art projects. My mom still has some of my own writing when I was in PS (I am 39 now ;)) and I love looking at them ever so often and even show my dc's. They get a kick out of it too.

What do I do with it all? Well, each dc (I have 4)has their own clear tote box, one of the bigger size ones ya know. I have had to take pictures of some of their art b/c I was using a lot of space and I put them in a mini type photo album. I may not have ALL of their originals but I have at least pix. Right now, my 14yo's (eldest) box is about 3/4 full.

Edited by charmama4

I have a book with a few samples pages from each subject that has written work, so for 3 years worth of school we have maybe 20 pages (we only did a few subjects for K, so only a few pages there.) I make a summary sheet of what we covered and put some pictures at the bottom of us doing school and chasing lizards, and other things school-ish. My daughter loves looking through it! Also, it is a nice amount of work to look through and not get bored and yet see progression and a bit of what they have done each year.

I put it in a clamp binder, they hold 100 pages, you just clamp the pages in, no hole punching or putting in plastic binders necessary. They are usually cheaper in sets at Staples.

We have moved 8 times since my daughter was born, so I have incentive to throw out the rest, otherwise I might have kept too much, too!!