Menu

Buying used curriculum-what would you do in this situation?

I recently purchased some curriculum on homeschoolclassifeds. Before I purchased, I stated that I wanted to double check and make sure I was ordering the student workbook. The seller replied that "yes" it was the workbook. Today it arrived....and it is actually the student manual and not the workbook. I just wasted some money, but I feel like it was the seller's error.

Should I chalk it up as a loss and move on? Request a refund? What would you do?

Things like that can be frustrating to deal with, but it happens. If I were the seller, I would feel terrible about sending you the wrong book-especially when you specifically inquired about it. I would hope the seller would understand and take the book back and refund your money. Just politely let her know what the situation is and go from there.

So, I sent the seller an email yesterday.I showed her in quotes where she said that it was indeed the workbook. I told her that it must have been a mistake and asked if she meant to send the workbook. I have not heard back from her. :glare:

So, I sent the seller an email yesterday.I showed her in quotes where she said that it was indeed the workbook. I told her that it must have been a mistake and asked if she meant to send the workbook. I have not heard back from her. :glare:

Does homeschoolclassifieds have a way to get back your money? Did you use paypal or a credit card where you could contact them to get back your money?

I paid through paypal. I feel sort of bad for the seller. I'm guessing she called it a workbook by mistake. Whatever happened, she did state it was a workbook...and it was not. I'm going to give her until tomorrow and then send another email. It's making me a little apprehensive to buy used again.

Frustrating!

I paid through paypal. I feel sort of bad for the seller. I'm guessing she called it a workbook by mistake. Whatever happened, she did state it was a workbook...and it was not. I'm going to give her until tomorrow and then send another email. It's making me a little apprehensive to buy used again.

Frustrating!

I do not think you should be sorry for the seller. Part of selling something is accurately presenting what you have for sale - esp. if there is a query about it. Also - part of selling something is being willing to own up to mistakes and to fix things for the buyer, including refunding the money. Notify paypal. Her behavior in ignoring your e-mail is not honorable behavior.

What I would personally do would depend on my mood, current stress level, how many other things I needed to get done, and how much I paid for it. I might email the seller. I might see if someone else could use it and give it to them. I might try to resell it. I might throw it away so I didn't have to look at it or think about it again.

What I would personally do would depend on my mood, current stress level, how many other things I needed to get done, and how much I paid for it. I might email the seller. I might see if someone else could use it and give it to them. I might try to resell it. I might throw it away so I didn't have to look at it or think about it again.

:iagree: