Menu

Evernote -- Does anyone here use this enough to give me some pointers?

I'm sort of non-intuitive when it comes to programs like Evernote. After some glowing reviews, I thought it might be something that could be really useful to me. I thought differently after it downloaded. I just cannot seem to figure anything out!

If someone here uses it with success, please tell me how this can be beneficial to me and point me in the right direction to get started. I'm just totally confused by it. (Facebook was the same way at first, but it didn't take long for me to figure it all out. Evernote....well, it's just a horse of a different color, so to speak!)

Thanks!

If you do try this, please let me know how it goes. I was looking at it this morning after reading your thread. It sounds interesting. But I don't jump onto things unless I know for sure, and I'm not to techy :)

I hope someone out there can give you more information.

Lol, I downloaded it onto my ipad and have been meaning to get around to downloading the main verison onto my desktop...but somehow havent got around to it because I dont seem to use any programs like that. I love the idea of them...but don't really have a need for them. I have a couple of beautiful writing programs on my ipad too. I make an effort to use them but its not what I seem to want to use my ipad for (and I do use it a lot.)

Lots of things are like that. I ended up buying myself a page to a day desk diary the other day because as much as I love the idea of keeping all my random notes in my technology (desktop or ipad) they end up on scraps of paper on the my desk and I needed something, one thing, to just write everything down in- whether its homeschool, family or business related.

The old pen and paper seems to do the trick here, for most things. I do love my HomeRoutines app though, because I never could get a control journal to work for me (Flylady).

So all that to say...no, sorry, but I did at least know sort of what you were talking about :)

They do have a downloadable (PDF) user's manual at the main site. That should help some for how to use it (at least it did for me).

Why to use it, I think, depends on you. I use it primarily as a planning tool/task list. Since I flip around between our laptop, desktop, and my phone, it's nice to have access to certain things from each. Right now I'm using it to plan out some subjects for dd's 5th grade year and also for my own schoolwork. So if my dh is on the desktop, I can still work on my planning on the laptop or my phone. I guess it's mostly about convenience for me.

Guest RecumbentHeart

I only have it on my iPhone and all I've used it for so far is to copy and paste the church directory into it which had originally been emailed as a PDF because Evernote hyperlinks the phone numbers so I don't have to type or dial them. That makes it worth something to me right there but only because it's free. I'm still on the look out for other ways it might be useful to me. :)

Not sure how the computer app is but on the iPhone it has a tips section with ideas for it's use.