Menu

Horrible Geography of the World

swimmermom3

Does anyone know if the Horrible Geography of the World book contains similar information to the individual volumes like Odious Oceans or Planets in Peril? Since it is only 100 pages, I'm assuming I would be better off ordering individual titles but am not positive. Also does anyone know if there is a Bulging Box for the Horrible Geography books?

Lisa,

I don't have this particular book, but I have enough of the other ones like this to give you a decent idea. It should be a full color "best of" from all 12 (I think it is 12) HG books.

I might let you borrow them for a while if you *really* need them. :D That is a great price though!

Does anyone know if the Horrible Geography of the World book contains similar information to the individual volumes like Odious Oceans or Planets in Peril? Since it is only 100 pages, I'm assuming I would be better off ordering individual titles but am not positive. Also does anyone know if there is a Bulging Box for the Horrible Geography books?

I have the one you linked but not any of the individual books... yet. I keep meaning to order them but when I go to do it something always seems to come up with requires the spare $$. Bah.

I can't compare them but I can say that the title you linked is a nice, full color book. Radiobrain is right... it appears to be a "best-of" book. By looking at the table of contents a lot of the chapters are the same as names of the books.

As far as I know, you can buy the Horrible Geography books as a set from Ray at Horrible Books, but they are not a "box set" meaning you get the number of books but not a nice box to hold them all. That's my understanding of it.

I've never seen the Horrible... series but have noticed many on this board mention them. What age level can they be used for and where do you buy them?

Thanks.

Dana

My oldest started reading them at about 7 and I think they'd be fun reading through middle school. We've bought ours from a variety of places. You can find them on amazon, from Ray at HorribleBooks , and bookdepository.com

My oldest started reading them at about 7 and I think they'd be fun reading through middle school.
I've read most of them, and a friend of mine who is a history teacher reads one every time he visits. :tongue_smilie:

Oh what to do! I was thinking I could slide by with getting the Horrible Geography book and not Odious Oceans, Vicious Volcanoes, Earth-Shattering Earthquakes, and Planet in Peril that would go with our science studies. But my kids love the Horrible History books. My freshman son has his freshman friends asking to borrow the books. They are a bit on the spendy side when you don't get them in the boxes. How horrible is it if you have your children read the horrible books instead of serious spines? Or at least as a supplement. These books are sooooooo Swimmer Dude.