Menu

TOG users-timelines

Quiver0f10

I used to be a time line failure. Now I put the time line and figures in the back of the workbooks I make. I use the complete CD from Homeschool in the Woods.

Excellent idea! I have been working on making the workbooks, too, and so far I am really happy with them. Thank you so much for the help!

Excellent idea! I have been working on making the workbooks, too, and so far I am really happy with them. Thank you so much for the help!

How do you set up your notebook? Do you a binder or spiral?

(Sorry, I haven't read all the I need to read in TOG-I have TOG Y2U2)

And which one would you buy from Homeschool in the Woods?

BRB :auto: Piano lesson for ds.

I am making workbooks that will end up being spiral bound at kinkos. You use the Loom CD and copy/paste the info you want into a program like Word and then edit it to fit your needs. I am putting in the questions and answers, maps and time line now :-) Anything you feel you want them to have in a work book format. I know there is other stuff I added but I am drawing a blank right now.

I love the idea of making a workbook for each child for each unit...I've read about that elsewhere and am thinking that's what I'm going to do as well.

Do you think that timelines are helpful for LG students, or are they too abstract even using timeline figures? I was thinking about doing a wall timeline...

TIA.

I love the idea of making a workbook for each child for each unit...I've read about that elsewhere and am thinking that's what I'm going to do as well.

Do you think that timelines are helpful for LG students, or are they too abstract even using timeline figures? I was thinking about doing a wall timeline...

TIA.

If I were to do a time line with LG and UG students I would do it on the wall. I guess I do this in a way, I put Veritas history cards on my Ikea mini clothes line thingie on the wall.

I bought antique white cardstock paper at Staples. I 3-hole punch the paper and put it in a binder, with 25 years per page. I draw the line 1" from the top, adding the figures below. It has worked out well so far. The nice thing about the binder is the abililty to add additional sections to my pages for events like the American Revolution. (Which we have to add - I'm a bit behind!)

Oh! And I use the Homeschool in the Woods Timeline CD

I bought the Homeschool in the Woods stuff and then I pick and choose which ones I want my dd to put on her timeline. Very often, I just have her put the stuff on her timeline that is in the TOG pages rather than using pictures. We use a SL Book of Time book for her. My 10 may be starting a timeline in the fall and I am not sure what I will buy for her. I've not been very successful with wall timelines.

Yes I do. So that will work then?

Yes, that will work. Copy the questions you want to use from the SAP pdfs and paste them into whatever desktop publishing software you use.

btw: Is your Rivendell Blog still active? Your last post was about 2 months ago. :D Sorry! I just love love TOG related blogs.

Thanks!

Holly

Sure, make me feel bad. :glare:

;) Just kidding. Yes it is still active. I've been so busy (of course that doesn't stop me from posting here :001_huh:) I was in the mindset that I needed to catch up before I posted where we're at (wk 15), but I've decided to just post this week and catch up when I can.

Yes, that will work. Copy the questions you want to use from the SAP pdfs and paste them into whatever desktop publishing software you use.

Sure, make me feel bad. :glare:

;) Just kidding. Yes it is still active. I've been so busy (of course that doesn't stop me from posting here :001_huh:) I was in the mindset that I needed to catch up before I posted where we're at (wk 15), but I've decided to just post this week and catch up when I can.

Yah, Karen, I'm kind of counting on you to do all my planning for next year!!! I plan on using a lot of the info from your website next year!!!

Here is how I have set up our TOG notebooks. There is no right or wrong way to do it, it is just very helpful to have everything you want to do in one place. For me it makes me much more likely to get around to it!