Menu

So, do ya'll really think the price of OIL is going to go down this summer? I'm

afraid to keep waiting. The lady at the office where I order oil said to watch the gas prices for our cars. If they go up, oil goes up and vice versa. I don't see the gas prices going down. I'm scared to keep waiting, but those of you up north told me last month to wait til summer. I don't mean to doubt you, just scared to wait. Is home heating oil priced differently cause everyday I keep hearing that oil prices are going up by the barrel. Sorry to bring this up again.

Guest Virginia Dawn
I agree that I think they will just keep going up. I feel for those of you who heat with oil. THis is the first time we don't and I can't imagine filling the tank every month!

We have an oil burner/boiler. We are getting an electric water heater put in this month so we won't be burning oil to heat our water this summer. I dread the coming of October when it will be time to fill the tank. We will have to save money all sumer to do it.

I used to have a house with oil and at one time it was true that in the summer, no matter what gas prices did, home heating oil came down in price. I'm not sure that is still the case. Some are predicting gas prices with an average price of $4 a gallon this summer. I'd follow the oil supplier's advice.

Last summer we had our tank filled because it was the cheapest. From the last 5 years I have noticed that the heating propane goes up the highest starting in January then slowly goes down by summer. I am not seeing that this year though. Also they did a price cap for us this year due to us being on Budget billing.

Holly