Menu

Great deal on Hooked on Phonics Master Reader program

laurad1125

I just ordered this product and got it for 32 (including tax and shipping) instead of 200! I'm not very familiar with this particular product, but we really like the basic HOP products. I plan to use it as reinforcement for ds6 (who will adore getting to have some screen time in the school day)

http://moneysavingmom.com/2010/07/hooked-on-phonics-learn-to-read-program-for-30-master-reader-program-for-25.html

If you're interested, don't forget to use the coupon code to bring the clearance price down even more. The code is SLICK50 and is good for everything at HOP, I think.

check your computer OS: this particular version will not work with Windows Vista/7 or Mac. They explain that somewhere on their site, but I know from experience it will not install on Vista/7.

Otherwise, it is an AWESOME deal!

Cindy

DH and I both work in IT so we have tons of older equipment around; both of our boys have their own computers. DS6 runs XP, so we're good. (I did have to call DH and run the System requirements by him though, he's the hardware guy, I just write the code.) I didn't think about others not having that old of an OS. Shoot, I was so excited to share my good deal! Well maybe a couple more of you are on the trailing edge of technology like we are..:lol:

check your computer OS: this particular version will not work with Windows Vista/7 or Mac. They explain that somewhere on their site, but I know from experience it will not install on Vista/7.

Otherwise, it is an AWESOME deal!

Cindy

I didn't read carefully before I bought this (last time they had a super deal on it) a couple of months ago, and it actually runs fine on my windows 7. The only weird thing I've noticed is that it won't save the kids' names from session to session.

And my seven year old LOVES it, btw.

I didn't read carefully before I bought this (last time they had a super deal on it) a couple of months ago, and it actually runs fine on my windows 7. The only weird thing I've noticed is that it won't save the kids' names from session to session.

That is good to know!

Many people purchased it previously believing it would work and could not get it to run, regardless of how much tech support "helped" them :glare: . I see that they did update the title to say it is ONLY for Windows XP (which may be because of all the previous problems).

After the horrible experiences I have had with it, I thought I should post a heads-up for those who may not know how to tweak their PC to allow non-compatible programs to run.

I now have the previous version running on my kids' computer and it works fine (go figure). Luck of the draw, I suppose.

It is SUCH a great deal that even if it doesn't work, you could always resell it (better than losing $$ paying for return shipping to HOP).

Cindy

After the horrible experiences I have had with it, I thought I should post a heads-up for those who may not know how to tweak their PC to allow non-compatible programs to run.

Yeah, I imagine I just got lucky; I know nothing of tweaking, but I put it in and it installed. I didn't read about the compatibility issues until after I ordered it; I wouldn't have taken a chance on it if I'd known!