Menu

Lively Latin?!

Mynyel

I printed the pages out several lessons at a time, hole-punched them, and put them in a notebook. Each day I would take out 2 or 3 pages and work through them with ds. Then I had a separate notebook for his completed pages. That notebook had divisions for Lessons, Vocabulary, Derivatives, Exercises, History, and Other. After ds completed the pages, they were put in the appropriate section of the second notebook. This made looking things up later easier. Hope this helps. Let me know if you have other questions.

I printed out all of the pages at once (from a UPS store at their teacher rate). Put the first half in a 3-ring notebook and we just *do the next thing.* We do not refile pages, though I do take out the vocab lists and put them at the front of their notebooks for easy reference. LL has been a big hit (with me at least) because it is so easy to use and requires no teacher prep! Love it!

Lisa

ETA: We generally cover 2 pages a day, about 3 times per week.

Can someone explain how to use Lively Latin?

I have the online version where I print it out to use but I am a bit confused by the layout...OK I am really confused.

Help?!

I printed them out single sided, then just had my dd do one page a day for the first year, then she did two pages a day the second year and finished it up.

My 2nd dd will start the same thing this year.

Heather

I printed one lesson at a time and saved the answer pdf on my desktop for easy correcting. My dd did 2-3 pages a day, depending on how much work was involved. We set up a binder exactly as instructed from the printout and filed everything weekly. We enjoyed it, but the mistakes drove me nutty.

I printed them out single sided, then just had my dd do one page a day for the first year, then she did two pages a day the second year and finished it up.

My 2nd dd will start the same thing this year.

Heather

I am interested in the independent feature of this program. Can your kids really do it without you?

J

I save all the lessons and answer sheets in individual folders, print out lessons as needed, and check answers from the pdf. We don't do the history, so I only print out the other pages. I give dd9 2-3 pages a day, usually giving the vocab-type pages separately from grammar. I file them separately too, once completed.

Lively Latin is very easy to use, but I agree with the person who say the mistakes can drive you nuts - there are a lot of errors.

(We also use Lingua Latina for reading practice, without doing any of the grammar exercises at all. that is a big hit here.)

I am interested in the independent feature of this program. Can your kids really do it without you?

J

Yes, the only time we did stuff together is when the answer key was wrong and we had to find the right answer. ;) The rest of the time I just corrected the worksheets.

She was 5th/6th grade though and is excellent with grammar. I wouldn't try it with a 3rd/4th grader.

Heather