Menu

Do you enjoy having a slightly messy house?

If I had the time and energy (and cooperation from my family:tongue_smilie:), my house would be clutter free. Clutter in my environment clutters up my brain.

That said, I like to go over to someone's home and see laundry, piles of books, etc. Doesn't bother me a bit. If someone's house looks too neat, I think they might be judging my less than perfectly neat house.

So, it go me wondering.... Do some of you feel stiff or uncomfortable in a house that appears very neat and clean?Absolutely. It feels sterile and unwelcoming to me--like human inhabitants or guests would interfere with the main thing. Do you feel more comfortable going into someone's home with a laundry basket on the floor, papers piled in the kitchen counter, and some toys scattered, for example? Yes. I mean, do some people have less tidy houses on purpose and not because they have little interest or time for housekeeping? Another question, does neat, clean home = snobbishness Not snobbishness, but perhaps less flexible and less people-oriented and less creative is the way I read it. I'm afraid I'll mess it up by being there. (Not saying that is necessarily true, it's the way I experience it if that makes sense. and messy home = laid-back, fun-to-be around people to you?

I am right with your ds. I like neither super messy nor super neat homes, but between the two, I'm more comfortable in the super messy ones. (Not hoarder style messy, but looking like a cyclone hit it--I'd choose that every time over not-a-thing-out-of-place. I am most comfortable somewhere in the middle.