Menu

There are far too many things *I* want to cover with my rising high schoolers and not enough hours to get it all in. I know its a 4-year race, I just feel in such a hurry to get to the finish line.:glare: I am ready to SCREAM in frustration! If I move around electives once more in my 4-year overview I may just fall out!

I'm frustrated, agitated and would pray for independent wealth so I didn't feel so obligated to save so much $ for dh by sending them to dual enrollment in 10th grade (not totally, but by mid-11th grade, I will probably only be teaching history). *I* want to teach them everything :toetap05: even though I know that's not even realistic with my family life and math skills (I'll be useless by the time Trig and Calc come up). grrrr

Thanks for the vent. :rant: I feel just like this smilie, today...on, off, on, off, on, off.

Hi Tina,

I have two years left, and realized I have four loaded bookcases of books...... no way can we do all that is in them!! I have little time for electives with most colleges wanting three years of foreign language..... and dd wants to do PE in her other "slot" so we will have computer apps (keyboarding and office), art, foreign language, PE, that's it for electives (well, there was a cake decorating class (semester) and logic (semester)!! My state requires the four core classes every year, history, math, science, English. So, only two slots left!! We have yet to do seven classes in a year, we run out of day.

The rest will have to be studied as a life interest, but not in our homeschool!

As one who has BTDT I can tell you that teaching doesn't have to stop if you dual enroll. My son was dual enrolled but I still had him doing classes at home too. Also, since dual enrollment didn't cover summer courses, he homeschooled summers. So don't stress-you still have lots of time. :)