Menu

I'm going to have withdrawals when the WC is over...

Tour De France started today..

It really has been a big week in sports.

World Cup

Wimbeldon

Tour de France

NBA draft

Locally, the Little League All-Star baseball tournament began today. My husband's team won 13-1 in game one. :)

Too funny! Don't come here often. Looking for an outlet. I'll do a search as you suggest. I love the play and the pageantry. Soccer is a game that takes a good while to learn and appreciate. I have had kids playing at select level for past 12 yrs. I understand so much more than last wc cycle. I play on my local over 30 co-ed team. I totally suck, but I love it! I LOVE, LOVE soccer!!! I support the MLS even though they by and large suck (compared to EPL and such!) It's getting better, though (our fields are too narrow!) I am passionate about the game. LOVE IT!!!

Mary

Too funny! Don't come here often. Looking for an outlet. I'll do a search as you suggest. I love the play and the pageantry. Soccer is a game that takes a good while to learn and appreciate. I have had kids playing at select level for past 12 yrs. I understand so much more than last wc cycle. I play on my local over 30 co-ed team. I totally suck, but I love it! I LOVE, LOVE soccer!!! I support the MLS even though they by and large suck (compared to EPL and such!) It's getting better, though (our fields are too narrow!) I am passionate about the game. LOVE IT!!!

Mary

I know very little about soccer compared to so many others.

We have had the opportunity to learn a bit, however, since my husband has been the team photographer for the Seattle MLS team. My favorite matches are the friendlies with international teams. Late this month Celtic FC is coming to town!

There are many WC fans here. Do a quick search for Colleen's recent posts and you'll find us. ;)

free_ger21.gif

I agree with you, Mary. I won't know exactly what to do with my early mornings when the World Cup ends.

I stand chastised. GO GERMANY!! I am so excited about this team. One day US will get there. Until then, GO GERMANY. Love Klose, Scweinsteiger! Wish we could see as much Bundesleiga as we can EPL on tv!

I know very little about soccer compared to so many others.

We have had the opportunity to learn a bit, however, since my husband has been the team photographer for the Seattle MLS team. My favorite matches are the friendlies with international teams. Late this month Celtic FC is coming to town!

Excellent! Don't know too much about what's going on this summer, but I have seen friendlies eg Galaxy v Barcelona and in my own town Club America v AC Milan and this summer v Manchester City. Whenever an MLS team plays a friendly in the states v a European club, it's always a sell-out. I am hoping that one day soccer in the US will draw such crowds on its own!

Mary

It really has been a big week in sports.

World Cup

Wimbeldon

Tour de France

NBA draft

Locally, the Little League All-Star baseball tournament began today. My husband's team won 13-1 in game one. :)

I forgot about Wimbeldon! I am fascinated by the ugly, skimpy tennis dresses as of late. Also, how do the Williams sisters wear such small outfits and stay inside them during vigorous play? I couldn't cross to the other side of a room in such an outfit.