Menu

How quickly we forget...

My youngest DD will be 3 in September so it hasn't been all that long since I have had a wee-bitty one. Step-DD's birthday is today so she asked us to babysit our new 2.5 week old grandson so they could go out to eat. DS is at a friends, DH took middle DD to the store, youngest DD fell asleep...

So it's just me and the baby. I am holding the sweet little one curled up on my chest and the only sound in the house is his breathing and occasional little mews and sighs. He is snuggled in close and smells so sweet... (Sigh!)

awww. Both of my best friends have had babies recently (December and April), so I've been doing LOTS of baby snuggling. In fact, I just babysat the 3 month old today, and I don't think I put him down once! His mommy already tells him how spoiled Memoo is going to make him! :D (Memoo is what his 3 year old sister calls me, so I guess that's what he is going to call me too)

Oh, I know what you mean! Indy will be 8 in a few days and is a big time snuggler, but I miss those baby days. Two weeks ago I babysat my neighbors 3 month old while they went to the Army birthday ball. Indy had gone to bed and it was just me and the baby sitting on the sofa. He fell asleep on my chest and made those sweet little baby sounds and I swear it made my ovaries quiver. Not that I want another, but it reminded me so much of when Indy was a baby.