Menu

jumping rope

Anyone know where to find a good jump rope? I'd like some single ropes in different sizes to fit the kids, but also a nice big one that two people can turn. The ones we find are just not good ropes--they're too flimsy, not big enough, too big, etc.

And what about those fun jump rope rhymes we all used to chant as kids? Anyone know of book or something that could teach us some of those?

I second the mention of Anna Banana. My dd got that for Christmas and loves it. As for jump ropes I struggled at Christmas to find ropes of good quality, but had luck at The School Box. They carry the plastic kind the pp mentioned, but I purchased a thick multicolored rope that is knotted on the end. Great quality and I believe they had a few different sizes...

Here is the type we have:

http://www.tpesonline.com/product.phtml?product_id=25091

There's usually a company at the CAPE convention that sells good, fat, jumpropes. Or, you can get very nice, soft, braided rope at Lowe's or Home Depot.

Really? At the convention--I'll have to look there! Thanks for the tip Suzanne.