Menu

MFW and Classical Conversations?

momgenet

WOW!

I feel honored to hear from the Queen Bee herself!!!!

Yes, I feel that time wise it will work.

Especially since, I have a 1st grader/2nd grader . . . .we are looking at finishing up Adventures next year.

And CC Foundations is on Cycle 3 --- which is US History! Yeah!

What I'm concerned about is that the history cycle in CC is 3 years till 6th grade and in MFW its really 4 or 5 years . . . .

; . . . . .so we could be learning Roman history in MFW and maybe doing Modern history in CC.

Do you think this would be a problem????

Maybe I'm overly concerned . . . . at least they are going chronologically

I've done all 3 cycles of Classical Conversations (at home) with my son and I've used MFW Adventures. Really, you can use anything you want to alongside CC if you treat it as a separate subject -- "memory work".

When I first began CC, I had intended to tie our studies to the memory work. That idea quickly died when I fell in love with SL. We've still benefitted lots from both CC and SL and I don't think it's necessary to tie everything or even anything to the memory work.

Lisa

and frankly I'd say that the majority of moms don't. Some do of course, but I just don't have the time and energy frankly. In our group some use Sonlight, some use MFW, some use TOG, some use SOTW, some try to match everything pretty closely with the CC resource list that your director will have soon, and others sort of unschool, following whatever interests.

We've always done Sonlight at our own pace because it keeps me sane and reflects our preferences.:001_smile:

Double Wow!

Thanks

Lisa is right, not everything has to be matchy-matchy.

But hey, I'm in my first year of hs'ing and trying to do it RIGHT! AND plan for the next 18 years . .. .LOL!

I guess I am worried for no reason!!!

CC is new to our area next year and it seems like what I need --- People to somewhat hold me accountable to some learning . . . .but not to be real regimented in what we MUST learn/do at home. We have nothing like that here.

But I LOVE the MFW and the style of that . . . .We may just do some of the activities but maybe not follow the Teachers Manual real close . . .

I really don't think SL would fly here . .. .my dd's are too hyper and hands on . . . .they like the activites.

I don't know ANYONE yet who does CC (new here next year) and certainly don't know anyone who combines the two. (MFW and CC)

So these were my thoughts . . . .thanks for listening!

Blessings

genet