Menu

TOG Y2 Poetics and Frameworks...

I'm taking a first glance through the poetics and frameworks assignments kn Y2 and it looks like students will not go through the entire thing? Or do the go through the whole document, but not in order? Just wondering how I should go about preparing for this - printing out the whole thing like a book and add to his regular TOG workbook, or have ds just read from the DE Loom?

I don't own the Year 2 DE, just in print. In Print Year 2 included information used only in Year 2, Year 3 in print included info for Years 2 & 3, and Year 4 in print included info for Years 2, 3, & 4. This is because Poetics and Frameworks were being developed as Redesign was being written. It is possible that DE includes the as of now complete document (I say as of now because Christy Somerville may go back in at some point and add Year 1) in which case you wouldn't use the complete document this year. That's easy to figure out, look at Frameworks and see if it includes topics not covered in Year 2, e.g. Modernism and Postmodernism.

Printing them out is a personal decision. They are big documents, I think they would take up a good bit of a TOG workbook. I printed them out in Year 3 and got them spiral bound at Office Max because my ds prefers to read that way and some weeks there is a good bit of reading. Christy says her students read from DE.

My son printed out what he needed. Have you found the chart that tells you what needs to be read of Poetics and Frameworks each week? I printed off that 4 to 6 page document ( can't remember now) and gave it to him with his syllabus. He then printed off each section as he used it. He has an entire notebook for just those two documents and kept it since we will reuse some of it this year.

Christine

Ok - I found the chart. I've decided to print out the entire docs and put them in a separate binder (or bound book). It's a couple hundred pages, but assuming we'll use it in subsequent years (or at least child #2 gets to this stage), I think it'll save some time in the long run. I am really impressed with the sheer amount of literary analysis - I'm learning so much already!