Menu

biblioplan -what to order for 7 yo dd?

monalisa

I'm going to use Biblioplan for Middle Ages to incorporate more church history alongside SOTW 2. I already have the SOTW 2 AG. Should I just use the SOTW 2 maps, or should I get the Biblioplan maps? Are they too hard for a 7 yo? How about the timeline? I'm leaning toward just the Biblioplan guide, but hate to wish I had one of the other items later.

Thanks in advance!

I'm thinking of doing Biblioplan Middle Ages for my soon-to-be 7 yo also. But I don't think I'm going to do the mapping. It looks like it will be too much, plus, we also do Classical Conversations and the kids will get geography there.

I'm still on the fence about the time line. We don't have a lot of wall space, and I don't think the notebook is something we'd keep up with well enough. I may just get the plan and two coloring books (as my 4 year old will want to do some, too!).

Would love to hear from someone who's actually done Biblio with a younger elementary age child.

I used Biblioplan 2 this past year with a 6th grader. The maps were ok for him but might be too much for a 7yo. Same for the timeline. I think it might become too much cut-and-paste at that age. I'm not sure my ds got much out of doing the timeline either, FWIW.

Are you using the SOTW 2 Activity Guide? I didn't find it useful for my ds but it would be perfect for use with a younger student. The activities and book suggestions are geared to them.

At your dd's age, I would pass on the timeline and do maps in a very basic way--find the country on the globe/world map, point out how the Vikings traveled from "here" to "here," etc. I would be more focused on her being exposed to the people, places, and events of the time.

Cinder