Menu

Mind Benders alternative for 3rd grader ???

Aludlam

My little LOVES logic. We have gone through the first 2 beginner books. It is now time for A1,etc. It doesn't seem that you get very much for your money with these books. Does anyone have a favorite alternative book (ie cheaper) to use for logic for this age group?

Thanks

Angela

My little LOVES logic. We have gone through the first 2 beginner books. It is now time for A1,etc. It doesn't seem that you get very much for your money with these books. Does anyone have a favorite alternative book (ie cheaper) to use for logic for this age group?

Thanks

Angela

Mindware company has Perplexors that work the same way. There are a lot more included in each book, also.

The Dell Logic Puzzles are the logic problems (mindbenders). I've not had luck finding them at the grocery story/drug store anymore, so I bought a set online. Much cheaper that way too.

Rewriting the grid for my son seems to work better - and only do the one star problems at an early age. (I did very well on the Graduate Record Exam because I'd been doing a bunch of the three star puzzles for fun in the months before. I was very grateful it helped so much - but be aware that the difficulty ramps up quickly!)