Menu

Help w/ Newbie Scheduling!

Soror

I have searched but I haven't found anything exactly like I am looking for- please if someone could direct me I would be so grateful! I tried the DonnaYoung site as well as homeskedtracker but I cannot figure out how to get them to do what I want!

I want to make daily schedules for what subject gets done everday (as not all are daily of course) but also schedules for what lessons or pages get done each wk for things like history and religion.

I would also like to be more organized w/ what I read and when as I forget do certain things that I want to do.

I don't want to recreate the wheel here! Veterans help me please :)

I finally gave up and made my own spread sheets just like I wanted. That way I can enter the info on the computer and print it out for my binder.

I did the same thing. I've done test runs on almost every type of digital tracker (I really, REALLY wanted the Simply Charlotte Mason one to work for me), but in the end, I had to create spreadsheets to get what I wanted. I can include as much or as little detail as I need to, I can include notes for myself wherever I need to, I can bump everything around pretty easily if we miss a lesson or skip a lesson, I can paste include links and a list of go-along books and United Streaming videos to choose from, etc. Once you get into a groove, it's not that time consuming, really.

Definitely not an expert as we're just about to start our HSing journey, but I plan on just writing down the subjects I want to cover on each day on my calendar. Then, I'm going to keep a journal where I can record what we did at the end of each day. I found (by searching through tons of posts here!) that lots of moms do this rather than schedule things out page by page as things never seem to go exactly as planned. They basically said it's easier to write down what you did rather than what you plan to do. Then, on the night before, you can look back in your journal at what you did previously so you know where to start/carry on from for the next school day.

They basically said it's easier to write down what you did rather than what you plan to do.

This is what I do now, I use to plan out our work by term and found that things never went according to plan and my nice schedule always got off track and the time I spent planning was wasted. I usually make a weekly schedule of chapters I want read in order to see how long a book + activities should take as a guideline. But I fill in what we accomplished afterwards. I school year round so can make up for anything we missed. I hate schedules and never stick to them so this works for me.

This year I made a week to week schedule. That way if things didn't get done i could just move them along. However, this year I am using Konos and am actually planning my whole year over the summer. The reason I have decided to try it this way is because one thing I found from week to week is that I seem to have less accountability. It was alot easier to just let things slide so I am hoping having to stick to a schedule will keep us more on track. Now that being said I do only schedule 4 days a week that way we have an extra day for anything we need to finish up on. Just have to figure out which method works best for you.

There are some great forms on at Donna Young.

This is the form I use and it works great for my crew. I have four children so I use the top part of the form to record our language arts work. One row per child for five days. The middle section is where I write plan for math. I use the bottom to plan for science and history, which we all do together.