Menu

Transition to daily science

Our school year has rebooted, and I now have a 5th grader! This has gotten me thinking. I have been doing science with my kids 3 times per week since the beginning. I understand at some point one must transition to daily science. When did all of you more experienced homeschoolers transition your kids to daily science? Or does everyone but me do science daily with littles?

Holy cow! I missed the manual that said I had to do science every day at some point!!!

Actually, we've been doing LOTS of science and history for the summer and just hitting the 3 R's every few days. For instance, somebody might do a math lesson today while the others do English then switch tomorrow. But we do SOTW almost daily and lots of experiments (because I can hose off the picnic table outside but not the kitchen table inside--could someone invent a way that I could do that, please?)

I suppose at some point, I have to break down and start having them implement writing with science but so far I haven't. (My eldest is 5th grade.)

We've just recently started doing daily science because we have switched to SL science which is scheduled every day - so I thought I'd give it a go. I actually really like it every day. All we do is make the science reading part of the every day schedule, but it is probably in smaller doses than before because it is daily. The older kids do their experiments as they come up in their text (Apologia), and the younger kids have theirs towards the end of the week. It's been an easy transition.