Menu

Blocking all phone calls except specific numbers?

Has anyone used an Inbound Call Blocker or done anything similar? I'm reading descriptions of this online, but can't seem to find one for purchase yet. Apparently it only lets those with a special code call through.

My 85 year old Grandma's mind is failing. She recently told me mom that someone called to say she hadn't paid her phone bill. My parents are concerned that she could easily be scammed over the phone. They were considering turning off the ringer so she could still make outgoing calls, but I am concerned about how she'd feel if suddenly her sister, son, and grandchildren never called her.

Any ideas for us? I did tell my mom to make sure she's on the National Do Not Call registry and to have her number unlisted - those things have cut my own junk calls down to almost nothing.

My father and stepmother had call block through their phone company. It was one of the options like call waiting and caller id. The way theirs worked was if someone called it said they only accept calls from people who are listed and asked the caller to state their name. It would then ring the house, when they picked up it would repeat the person stating their name and they could choose to accept the call or not. I don't know it there is a way to do it so no calls other than those on the list are ever put through.