Menu

Minimus Teacher's Edition

We have it and I do like it a lot.

There are some neat reproducible worksheets in the back --but maybe only about 20 or so, some good ideas for games, and (my favorite bit) extra information about each of the topics.

Is it really worth the crazy money they want for it? Maybe... assuming you sell it afterwards (it seems to have a high resale value...).

We are using Minimus for review/ fun supplemental, and we have only the student book. For us, that is working just fine. If I was planning to use it as a primary curriculum, however, I would consider buying the teacher's manual as well. I agree that the price is crazy! We didn't feel the need for it at that price.

Elaine

It's expensive because the assumption is that a school will own just one - buying the book allows photocopying for an entire class.

It's got lots of activities and fun stuff. If you have a background in Latin, you don't need the TE, however - it's just nice to have.

Laura

It's expensive because the assumption is that a school will own just one - buying the book allows photocopying for an entire class.

It's got lots of activities and fun stuff. If you have a background in Latin, you don't need the TE, however - it's just nice to have.

Laura

You're right, Laura.

The author told us that they realize a lot of homeschoolers are using it now so they are working to reduce the price by making a homeschoolers version. The assumption was that an elementary teacher would use it for years, making reproductions, etc., while each class would just get new student books each year. The teacher's version is spiral bound, printed on nice sturdy card stock.

It is full of lots of ideas, vocab, chapter overview with translations and background info, teaching hints and activity ideas as well as the reproducible pages, many of which are quite clever. I avoided getting it at first but this is one TM that really did make a difference when I had it. ymmv

The website is full of activities and ideas too.

:001_smile: