Menu

Am I the only one who can't push the buy now button?

mom2agang

I put all the curriculum together in my carts for next year. Well this weekend I was going to buy it . When I went to push the buy button I just cringed! I know all that wonderful curriculum isn't our type of homeschooling. So why am I going to buy it? I know it will All crash and burn here! Why does things always look prettier then what you already know what works? ( by the way I didn't buy it! I started my hunt for the "prefect" curriculum over! Lol!)

I put all the curriculum together in my carts for next year. Well this weekend I was going to buy it . When I went to push the buy button I just cringed! I know all that wonderful curriculum isn't our type of homeschooling. So why am I going to buy it? I know it will All crash and burn here! Why does things always look prettier then what you already know what works? ( by the way I didn't buy it! I started my hunt for the "prefect" curriculum over! Lol!)

Bravo! I believe the most important tool in educating our children is the teacher! You know what kind of teacher you are. No matter what anyone else says or suggests, never lose sight of that.

All of us buy curricula that is a mistake, it is just par for the course. But it is definitely prudent to not even consider materials that aren't suited to the teacher!!

:hurray: for you!

Guest RecumbentHeart

I have a fear that this will be me. I already sense that I am addicted to the hunt. A year sure is a long time to be committed to purchase decision. ;) lol

Okay, so it's not just me, lol. I have surely been down this road. I have loaded the shopping cart up many a day and found that when it was time to pay, I had doubts. I even left my pc screen up all day on the shopping cart screen, only to come and cancel it all out. Bottom line is, when you know it's not your style and you already have what works for your family, just stick with it. Of course, there is always gonna be something new that comes along. Perhaps it may even be something that is currently out and everyone raves about it, but if you already know its not a fit for you don't wast your money.:001_smile:

Okay, so it's not just me, lol. I have surely been down this road. I have loaded the shopping cart up many a day and found that when it was time to pay, I had doubts. I even left my pc screen up all day on the shopping cart screen, only to come and cancel it all out. Bottom line is, when you know it's not your style and you already have what works for your family, just stick with it. Of course, there is always gonna be something new that comes along. Perhaps it may even be something that is currently out and everyone raves about it, but if you already know its not a fit for you don't wast your money.:001_smile:

This reminds me of the Berenstein Bears children's book "Old Hat, New Hat". The character thinks it's time to replace his old, worn out plain brown hat. He goes shopping and tries on every new hat in the store, but there's something wrong with every one of them. They're either too shiny, too silly, too twisty, too frilly... whatever. He ends up going home empty-handed and finds that his old hat is "good enough". It works. He puts it on, and he's happy.

Perhaps Mr. Berenstein Bear isn't as stupid as he's been made out to be. ;)

Well said Donna! I have been having doubts to, to the OP you are not alone, I have done the same thing this weekend.

This reminds me of the Berenstein Bears children's book "Old Hat, New Hat". The character thinks it's time to replace his old, worn out plain brown hat. He goes shopping and tries on every new hat in the store, but there's something wrong with every one of them. They're either too shiny, too silly, too twisty, too frilly... whatever. He ends up going home empty-handed and finds that his old hat is "good enough". It works. He puts it on, and he's happy.

Perhaps Mr. Berenstein Bear isn't as stupid as he's been made out to be. ;)

All I can say is I'm glad I found and fell in love with and decided on Oak Meadow before I found this board.

If I would have found this board first and read about all these different curricula I would have been lost and wanting to try everything and probably feeling a lot like you lol.

But since I already had my curriculum and love it enough to not feel tempted to change, I'm pretty safe. :)

So far the only thing thing unrelated to Oak Meadow that I've spent money on because of this board was Times Tales which we will be using this summer to work on strengthening the times tables memorization, but I just skim over most other curriculum stuff, I'm happy with what I have!

I hope you find the thing (program, curriculum, mix of stuff, whatever!) that makes you feel that way, too!

P.S. We do have and very much enjoy SOTW too, I focus on that in the summer and OM over the school year, but I already had SOTW on the recommendation of a couple of friends before I found this board, too.