Menu

Best book for 9yo boy about Thomas Edison

Jennefer@SSA

I want a few recommendations for your favorite books about Edison. I would prefer a short chapter book/biography or a detailed picture book. There are tons of books on Edison listed on Amazon but none that really stand out just by looking. This is for my 9yo ds but his younger 5yo brother may want to listen too.

Thanks!

My 6-yr old is fond of the Hello Reader version, Always Inventing: The True Story of Thomas Alva Edison by Frank Murphy. It is like a picture book, full of painted renditions on each page, but with good (short) text.

I also like the Scholastic Biography version, which is a chapter book. It's by Nancy Smiler Levinson, and called Thomas Alva Edison: Great Inventor.

I have an extra copy of the first one I mentioned, if you can't find it anywhere. HTH!

My ds enjoyed this Landmark biography. It is longer at 192 pages, but was one of the first long books my ds read. It kept his interest. I believe this is geared for 4th grade readers and above.

A shorter book would be Who was Thomas Edison. I have not read this one, but he enjoyed the one on Einstein in the same series. It's reading level would be lower than the Landmark book.