Menu

Our Island Story Chapter ?

The other TOG thread reminded me of a problem I was having with scheduling for next year. We are about to start Year 2 in a week and a half. I noticed that the copy of Our Island Story I purchased does not have chapter numbers in it. There are topic headings.... Anyway, I went through and I numbered each topic heading, but I'm not positive that will line up with TOG's chapter assignments. Does anyone know? I'll throw out an example...in my book, on page 166 there is a topic heading called "Richard III- The Story of the Two Little Princes in the Tower". When I went through and numbered each heading, this one was #61. Can anyone with a "chaptered" copy of OIS tell me if that matches up with your chapters? I really don't want to have to buy two copies of OIS. I am already considering buying Memoria Press's version of Famous Men of the Middle Ages for the illustrations. Mine doesn't have any! <sniff> :001_smile: TIA

I have the Dodo Press version of OIS and the Chapter on Richard III and the Princes is chapter 59. The book ends at Chapter 114 a conclusion following a chapter on WWI. I have a few of Marshall's other books by Yesterday's Classics. TOG uses the Yesterday's Classics versions and for ease of use I may try to find a copy. Most of the chapter headings in OIS are pretty obvious as to the topic so it shouldn't be too hard to make yours match up to the week's topic of study. Just a bit more time consuming.

Laura Corin from these boards had a great chart on her blog matching up OIS with several other resources, including SOTW, maybe that would assist you. I think the link was in her signature.