Menu

Can I cook pasta in crockpot?

I recently got a crockpot, so my boys can easily help with cooking.;) I am not up on crockpot cooking myself.

Anyway, I made my own sauce today. It is still simmering in the crockpot. Can I dump the pasta and meatballs in there, so I don't use any more pots? If so, does it matter when I throw it in there? Will the pasta get mushy if it's in there too long? It is cheese tortellini.

Thanks!

UPDATE: The pasta turned out fine! I used Buitoni (?) fresh tortellini. And I left in the crockpot for about 20 minutes. It's perfect. I don't think regular uncooked pasta would work at all. ;)

Edited by lisabees

I don't know for sure, but if the sauce is really hot, I can't imagine it would be a whole lot different than if the sauce was on the stove top and you added the pasta...just to be on the safe side this first time, I would check the pasta often to see how fast it cooked. Hope that helps a little and I hope that if I am wrong, someone else will chime in quickly.