Menu

Have you ever had a virus that looked like this?

Child A. Nausea and Vomit, fever, intestinal issues lingered

Child B. Fever, severe cold symptoms- red eyes, runny nose, general lethargy, progressed to a deep chested cough (almost bark like)

Child C. Fever, tired, otherwise no progression

Child D. Fever, Deep nasty chest cough (bark like again), diarrhea

Child E. Fever, sore throat, and today beginning the cough

In all my sick days I've never had a virus that created an intestinal event (nausea, vomit, and diarrhea) as well as a nose/cough cold type of event.

Have I just been lucky? Or am I most likely looking at two viruses? Opinions?

Perhaps others could enlighten me about how often this happens.

Thanks.

Jo

bugs - sounds like some of your kids are trying to be more efficient and have them both at once. I am sorry and hope everyone gets well soon! And that only one adult at a time gets sick - 'since the deep coughing kids at least need a doc visit (3 of my 4 had either bronchitis or pneumonia).

I think there are multiple viruses going around. Two of our family got both the stomach part and the respiratory part. Two got the respiratory so bad that three weeks later they are still sleeping 12 hours a day. Jenna and I just got the fever and exhaustion, but little to no respiratory. The other two got nausea, but no vomiting and respiratory that they seemed to kick quickly. 'Twas strange.

Barb

We did this here, too. It was multiple viruses within the same time frame.

One child had both at the same time, I think. The others just traded, and due to complications, I almost had to write down a symptom calendar for each child to remember who had what, starting when...

:grouphug:

We had a fever/nausea and a fever/cold/cough, a fever vomiting/diarrhea, and a fever/diarrhea (different and seperate from the vomiting/diarrhea bug) that all swept through our home within the last several weeks. Some had one while others had the other... it was "fun."

Hope they all are feeling well soon!

Child A. Nausea and Vomit, fever, intestinal issues lingered

Child B. Fever, severe cold symptoms- red eyes, runny nose, general lethargy, progressed to a deep chested cough (almost bark like)

Child C. Fever, tired, otherwise no progression

Child D. Fever, Deep nasty chest cough (bark like again), diarrhea

Child E. Fever, sore throat, and today beginning the cough

In all my sick days I've never had a virus that created an intestinal event (nausea, vomit, and diarrhea) as well as a nose/cough cold type of event.

Have I just been lucky? Or am I most likely looking at two viruses? Opinions?

Perhaps others could enlighten me about how often this happens.

Thanks.

Jo

fillllllllllllllllller