Menu

Singapore Math 4B

Jilly

I went on a cleaning streak this weekend, and I think I recycled my son's 4B books. The problem is he was not done with these yet. I am sitting here staring at his 4A textbook and workbook (which somehow did not get recycled :glare:) and trying to figure out what to do. I remember he was almost through the decimal section. I think he had one lesson remaining, but I can't remember what was left in the book. I am wondering if I should just not worry about it and move on to 5A, or if I should try to get another copy because there are important concepts he will be missing.

Also want to add that he is working through Life Of Fred Fractions (he is almost done with the book and will start Decimals soon). Maybe some of the concepts missed in the end of 4B will be covered in the LoF books?

A large portion of the 4B book is review of earlier concepts - I couldn't believe how many review exercises there were!

Was he done with the four operations part (adding, subtracting... of decimals), because beyond that there are the following sections:

3. Multiplying & Dividing measures - very basic stuff

4. Symmetry - very basic

5. Solid figures (figuring out how many cubes are needed to make illustrated shapes), again very basic

6. Volume - this was the only thing that presented a challenge to my dd (still wasn't all that hard), and I'm sure it will be covered again in more depth in level 5...

IMO the main thing you will miss out on by not finishing the book is all the review, if you think your ds is doing well then don't worry about it! Last year, we stopped 3b about half-way through and never picked it back up. dd went right into 4A this year with no problems. Hope that helps ;)

We just finished 4B. After decimals, the rest is REALLY easy. So easy that it took us a week to go though it. Seriously.

That makes me feel so much better. I guess I threw the book away at just the right time. :lol: