Menu

Question about posts

There are a few posters that when they post, I can see the user name and avatar, but not the body of the post or the signature. If someone quotes the post, then I can see that. Also, I can see the first line of the post as I hover over the title on the forum list (if they are the OP). Can someone explain this to me? Is it because of some setting I have inadvertantly initiated?

sure sounds to me like you've accidentally ignored some people. Click on their name/post and see if you can figure out how to undo that. I have only ignored a couple people, and am not very savvy about it, but when they post, their posts appear exactly as you are describing.

sure sounds to me like you've accidentally ignored some people. Click on their name/post and see if you can figure out how to undo that. I have only ignored a couple people, and am not very savvy about it, but when they post, their posts appear exactly as you are describing.

Thing is, I've checked, and my list of ignored posters is *empty*. I've never intentionally ignored anyone.

Thanks for answering.

How strange.

Is it always the same people?

Could it have anything to do with the different thread modes? (linear, threaded, hybrid)

Yes, it's always the same posters. One is new with less than 30 posts, so I don't know how it could be anything personal, either way.

It started about 2 weeks ago.

It's the same when viewed in any of the modes.

Please keep the ideas coming.

How strange.

Is it always the same people?

Could it have anything to do with the different thread modes? (linear, threaded, hybrid)

Yes, it's always the same posters. One is new with less than 30 posts, so I don't know how it could be anything personal, either way.

It started about 2 weeks ago.

It's the same when viewed in any of the modes.

Please keep the ideas coming.

Hmmm.

A few years ago, I had trouble on a forum - whenever I clicked into a thread where one specific person had posted, everything would go weird... images stopped loading right, things slowed down, etc. I finally figured out that it was connected somehow to that poster, after realizing that she was the only common denominator in the problem threads, but I never did understand why - I think it was something in their avatar or signature that was setting me wonky.... but, that was about five years ago and I was on dialup as well, so....

Can you show us the person(s)? Maybe someone else has the same problem? (it's not like you're being mean about anything, just trying to sort out a problem.)

What browser do you use? Have you looked at the thread containing that/those posters with various browsers? (I don't know if that could have effect on it or not, but sometimes things don't play nice with all browsers)

Also, I can see the first line of the post as I hover over the title on the forum list (if they are the OP).

You must have put some people on ignore. Go to User Control Panel - Edit Ignore List. If no one is on your ignore list, then I'm not sure why this is happening!

If you have someone on ignore, you can't see their post if you hover over it.

Hmmm.

Can you show us the person(s)? Maybe someone else has the same problem? (it's not like you're being mean about anything, just trying to sort out a problem.) The one I was refering to is kwickimom, though there are others that I don't remember at the moment. There is a thread started by kwickimom on page 2, though I've forgotten the title:blush:. ETA it's the thread on socialization, recently responded to now. I don't know how to show it, because I can't quote.

What browser do you use? Have you looked at the thread containing that/those posters with various browsers? (I don't know if that could have effect on it or not, but sometimes things don't play nice with all browsers)

I use Windows Internet Explorer. I'v never used anything else- wouldn't know how.

Thanks for thinking this through with me.

Edited by Lawana