Menu

WWE 1 & 2 -- Day 1...

WWE had been a big hit with my daughter as well. We just finished WWE 2 and I had planned to use WT next year (even bought it while it was on sale last year), but now I'm really tempted to buy WWE 3 just stick with what's working for us. Though, WT does look awfully good as well.

Lisa

I've thought a lot about writing lately. My little girls attend a classical school where they do a combo of dictation & narration and IEW methods in second grade. They dovetail nicely together. We're starting to homeschool so I've been stalking the teachers and classes to get more ideas. (Thankfully they love me there and are honored to share their tips & tricks.) :)

I'm hoping to add in some IEW elements this year w/ WWE 2 -- very gently. I love the model-writing a la CW also. I think a clever teacher could blend the methods nicely. To become that said teacher will take quite a bit of homework on my part.

Lisa, I think you could do WT along with WWE, no?

(Thinking out loud here).... In the same way we use multiple math programs/approaches, would that theory not apply to writing methodologies?

:bigear:

LisaTheresa - We did WT this year for 4th grade with my dd, it was ok but I didn't really feel like it moved us along in writing at all. My daughter hated it and it was our biggest battle this school year! I decided to try out WWE this year and I'm hoping this will be the piece of the writing puzzle that we have been missing!

Just saying, if WWE is working for you, I wouldn't switch. Since you already have WT, maybe just try it alongside to see if you like it :001_smile:

I've thought a lot about writing lately. My little girls attend a classical school where they do a combo of dictation & narration and IEW methods in second grade. They dovetail nicely together. We're starting to homeschool so I've been stalking the teachers and classes to get more ideas. (Thankfully they love me there and are honored to share their tips & tricks.) :)

I'm hoping to add in some IEW elements this year w/ WWE 2 -- very gently. I love the model-writing a la CW also. I think a clever teacher could blend the methods nicely. To become that said teacher will take quite a bit of homework on my part.

Lisa, I think you could do WT along with WWE, no?

(Thinking out loud here).... In the same way we use multiple math programs/approaches, would that theory not apply to writing methodologies?

:bigear:

I could probably do WT with WWE, but I'm really trying to turn over a new leaf and streamline. In the past, I've done multiple programs for certain subjects and I really got to the point of burnout. This particular child is very bright and catches on easily, so if I used both, it would only be because of my own issues since she really doesn't need two programs to learn what she needs to learn. If you had suggested this to me a couple of years ago, I would have jumped on it though!:001_smile:

Lisa

LisaTheresa - We did WT this year for 4th grade with my dd, it was ok but I didn't really feel like it moved us along in writing at all. My daughter hated it and it was our biggest battle this school year! I decided to try out WWE this year and I'm hoping this will be the piece of the writing puzzle that we have been missing!

Just saying, if WWE is working for you, I wouldn't switch. Since you already have WT, maybe just try it alongside to see if you like it :001_smile:

Hmmm, thanks for sharing this. The whole reason I bought WT was because I had heard so many rave reviews, but WWE has been great for us so far-- short, sweet and effective.

Lisa