Menu

What Grade for Tapestry of Grace?

I'm interested in Tapestry of Grace, but the online sample curriculum seems like it would be waaaaay over my son's head (he'll be heading into Grade One), and too much work for him. Is it SUPPOSED to be used for kids this young? Since he wouldn't get it, I won't use it yet, but I'm a little worried - how can he already be behind when he's just starting out? I feel like I must be missing something. Is this for an older age bracket? I couldn't find anything on grade levels on the site, but I'd always assumed it was for a Grade 1-4 cycle.

TOG is a k-12 program. You cycle through 3 times if you start as a 1st grader. Your son would work from the lower grammar column. That is where we are now. It is very age appropriate - you can make it as light or heavy as suits your family.:001_smile:

We are wrapping up year one with a first grader. He has LOVED it!!!! We have read the books, gone to internet links, and made lapbooks. (okay, so he didn't love the*flapbooks* as he calls them:bored:) It is a lot of fun to use TOG with young kids. The hands on activities and the picture books are wonderful. First grade with TOG is great!!

Awesome ladies....great to hear from those starting TOG in 1st. I also took the plunge and purchased a Year 1 plan used recently, and I am excited to get started! I have a whole year though to look for the books and get familiar with the program though as my daughter will be in K this year.

Edited by jewel7123
spelling