Menu

Opinions on ArtPac: Art with a Purpose

m0mmaBuck

Art With a Purpose is pretty decent. Most children like it, some don't...just like everything else. :)

It's inexpensive enough that it couldn't hurt to buy one and try it out.

Share-a-Care, the "preparer" of Art With a Purpose, recommends that the teacher have her own ArtPac and do the lessons before her students.

It's a lot of coloring and/or cutting and pasting...not the most creative projects. My kids are constantly creating on their own, so I think it's nice to work on technical skills too. There are also a few drawing lessons at the end. I have a set for each of my older two and we get them out on occasion to work on listening and fine motor skills. We've been using Artpac 1 for 2 years now and are only about half way, so I don't pull them out frequently...mainly on rainy days.

I purchased Artpacs 2 and 3 for our new school year. Some of the activities look a bit boring (to me), but, it's the type of stuff that my children enjoy doing. Some of the activities do look fun, particularly in Artpac 3. I figured it was a cheap way to make sure we at least get SOMETHING done for art; there wasn't room in the budget for the more expensive programs. I figure we can always add more to it later, as time and budget allow.