Menu

Hewitt homeschooling / US history

I received a Hewitt Homeschooling catalog today. I'm not sure what put me on their mailing list, but I couldn't resist reading through it. :)

They offer two Honors US history programs. One uses Nation of Nations (2 volumes) and the other uses C. Carson's A Basic History of the United States (6 volumes.)

I couldn't find much information on these two book series searching the old posts and don't know anything about either set.

So, if you've used them (with or without the Hewitt syllabus) what did you think?

Oh, how I wish Carson was more interesting, but, alas, he's not. I've tried 2 or 3 times to use his books with both my boys and he's just way too dry. The syllabus for the Hewitt history course is useful for any course and it's only $6, but it uses Carson, and that's the problem. Wish I could recommend them. Maybe someone has had better luck with them, but we have not. Wanna' buy mine? I have all of them and the teacher's guide (which doesn't provide any answers - grrr).

Yolanda