Menu

Italian Workbooks

Jamee

DS has been doing Italian through Rosetta Stone off and on. I'd like to go a bit deeper with language study next year and was wondering if anyone had some workbooks they could recommend to go along with his studies. Nothing too complicated, but something that would be beneficial too. Is there anything out there at an upper-elementary level?

First year student, 10 years old. He has some Spanish, but prefers to learn Italian. I want something geared more toward children than adults or for business purproses--which is really all I've been able to find so far. I wish I could remember the titles of the books that were used for Italian study when I was in Italy--for the kids learning Italian as a second (third) language.:confused: I want him to be able to do more than just use RS and hopefully get more out of it. (I'm also hoping it will help with his English grammar too--understanding how grammar works from the basics, you know?)

The Practice Makes Perfect series of books are very good. The explanations are clear, and there are many titles that go from the general (grammar) to the specific (pronouns, verb conjugations), and from the more basic to the more advanced, depending on your need. I wouldn't consider them enough to constitute a course, but as supplements I think they're great.

• 2 months later...