Menu

Recipe needed: Anybody here have a recipe for homemade Instant Breakfast mix?

I was thinking it might work to mix Nestle's Quik or malted milk mix with some type of protein powder (not even sure where to buy that)?? Or maybe use homemade chocolate/malted milk mix (less sugar than the commercially prepared kind) made of cocoa powder + sugar (powdered sugar?) + non-fat dry milk + ??? and add protein powder? But cocoa powder doesn't tend to mix well; it seems to float on top of the milk. Help!?! ;)

ETA: I want something that doesn't have to be cooked, something that my dc can measure from a canister, stir in milk, and drink.

Edited by ereks mom

I don't know but dd11 makes a smoothie with

Peanut butter

a frozen banana

milk

You could add any kind of chocolate (if you wanted) to it and then blend. You could also add protein powder. There are many types of protein powder like whey or soy based. We have tried several and liked Jarro brand Whey protein the best. For dd3 I use a generic, bulk bin, soy protein.

You could also add a squirt of liquid vitamins. Just play with the amount to get a hidden quantity. We use Now Brand liquid vitamins in our berry smoothies.

Get a Magic Bullet to make it in and everything comes out smooth!! Latest creation: one handful spinach, 4 strawberries, 1/2 banana and enough v8 diet Splash to fill the bullet. Turn it on and yum!! You can also add protein powder though I don't because of WW. Just don't tell dcs what the little greenish brown things in there are - they'll never know about the spinach!!