Menu

Mother of the Bride dress

I need one. SOON. Like less than 2 weeks.

Not a gown. We have limited shopping here so I may need to drive a couple of hours.

I need ideas of stores to shop in. I want to hit the consignment and thrift shops. Fancy dresses usually aren't worn all that much and off to donation they go. But I'm not limited to those stores. I am more concerned about getting a dress more than how much it costs.

Well, I think it depends on your style, but I would try Macy's. That's where I found some dresses for dd to wear to a wedding rehearsal and as the flower girl in a wedding last summer, when we were trying not to go too formal or costly and find something that she would actually wear again. Now, I know you won't be shopping in the little girls' department, but it looked as if they had a good selection in women's clothing as well. And the prices (at least on what we purchased) were great. Our finds ended up being on sale that day, but even at full price it wouldn't have been bad.

Try Coldwater Creek - even online, you can pay to have it shipped quickly. If you're going to a place with a mall, check out the bridal departments of the big box stores. JCPenny has some nice dresses. I bought one there for Easter a few years ago and was accused of it being a MOB dress.

Guest Virginia Dawn

As much as I love thrift stores, for this I would go to the clearance racks at nice department stores. That is wear I got my MOB dress for $18 bucks 3 years ago. I still wear it every Mother's Day and to other people's weddings. It was a pretty jacket dress in a style I don't usually wear. I get tons of compliments on it.