Menu

I can't believe my luck today!!

I wandered into a new antiques/"reclaimed home-goods" store in my area today, while the kids were in piano lessons. It was full of things like old chairs, beds, picture frames, tables...your basic little designer antique store. Way back in the corner of the store, tucked behind a table, I found something almost identical to this:

yhst-64576602297917_2102_980142

Knowing immediately what it was (a therapy swing for vestibular work,with an added trapeze bar!), I asked the price. I expected anywhere from $300-$595, the higher end of which is what they cost new. You will not believe what they charged me! $60!!!!

Apparently, they'd had no idea what it was when they snapped it up at a flea market. They'd thought it interesting and thought someone might decorate with it! By the time I got there, an O.T. had been in and told them what it was and helped them set it up. They still didn't care about the original price, however, and sold it to me as is.

My kids, three of which are in O.T., recognized it immediately and are beyond thrilled! It has been in use all afternoon.

Oh, oh, yeah! I'm even more excited now. I played with it for a while and realized that it is convertible into three different swings! The bolster comes off and you can use it as just a trapeze bar. An additional metal hook (that had fallen onto the ground while I installed it!) allows you to install a lycra swing in the center of the trapeze bar. So, basically I have a bolster swing, a trapeze bar and a lycra swing, all in one!!! Since I already had a frog swing, I now have all the therapy equipment recommended for us, all right in my yard!!! Our therapist had recommended we build a therapy room including all this stuff, but now we can just do it outside.

Now, if I just pull out the punching bag we bought for the boys' birthdays, we'll have quite a time! I am so tickled!