Menu

Potters School English 1....

Any experience with this jr. high-level class? I'm looking for an online writing course for my upcoming 8th'er.

Logic w/ Mr. Gray looks interesting also.

Thank you in advance for any feedback regarding these courses.:001_smile:

Edited by Beth in SW WA
typo

Don't have any experience, yet, but my son (soon to be 13) will be talking this class in the Fall. We are overseas, so he's taking the early am class with Mandy Leaming. You do have to take a "test" and write something and the teacher decides if the kid is ready or not. Our advisor just barely let him in, saying he was weak in grammar and to work hard this summer to be ready.

So, that's what we're doing. It does look like it will be an interesting and challenging class.

My dd took English I this year with Potter's School. The writing is/was (it's over in a couple of weeks) broken down into manageable segments, and the feeback from the teacher was specific and helpful. The grammar component of the class was comprehensive and rigorous, and it included diagramming sentences. She learned a lot (so did I) and it is showing up in her writing.:) The poetry unit of the class was excellent and it involved a 5 minute class presentation using PowerPoint. If you contact Potter's School, I'm sure they'd be able to give you more detailed information about the class, or I'd be happy to answer any other questions for you. HTH