Menu

Talk to me about posters...do you use? How to find room?

I've just started using Sue Patrick's Workbox System (which I LOVE, BTW). She recommends posters, and I would really love to improve our bland hsing room with some (and maybe make some interactive like she suggests), but wall space is a premium.

I found these Pocket Posters at Rainbow Resource, but it's hard to tell if they're really worthwhile without seeing them in person.

So, do you use posters? What do you do about wall space? How do you store them?

Any ideas for small-space centers would be appreciated, too. (We do have about a 4' x 5' area that's open.)

Thanks! :bigear:

I'm lucky enough to have an extra room that is the school/craft/hobby room. We have a wire shower curtain from Ikea on one wall that has clips on it-works great for posters and artwork.

However, we also use the front and back of doors in the kitchen area too since we do a lot of school work there. You can put bulletin boards on the doors or magnet strips. We also have one side of our frig exposed so that side is a display area too.

How about a cabinet door? You don't have to leave stuff up all the time. Put a magnet strip at the top and hang things during the week and take down when you don't want it up.

Or maybe a folding easel? You can have it out for certain lessons and put it away when done. You have 2 sides for posters and you have a holder for anything you might want to use with the posters.

We don't use a lot of posters except for maps but I've gotten some really good ones at Dollar tree for $1. I just got one with simple machines (pulleys, levers, etc) and time.

Edited by Ann in IA

We have limited wall space also, so I often have room for only 1 or maybe 2 carefully chosen posters, which I change periodically. What I've been doing recently is using more small framed prints (Ikea frames are inexpensive & perfect for this) & 8" x 10" mini posters from Pomegranate.com.

Many months ago, I read something lovely about the importance of using art to decorate school room walls in an old public domain text on Google books, but couldn't find it just now to post here. It does add a lot of cheeriness though. :)