Menu

R&S Phonics 1 After OPGTR?

Has anyone ever used R&S Phonics after finishing the OPGTR? Also, has anyone ever used R&S Phonics alone without the Bible and Nurture reading series?

My dd will be finishing up the OPGTR by the end of August and I thought of using Rod and Staff's Phonics 1 as a review/reinforcement. I'm not sure if it can be used alone without the readers but it seems as though it can.

Any reviews either on using R&S Phonics alone, after OPTGR or something else you recommend after OPGTR please! Thanks! ;)

R&S Phonics can be used alone without the readers. We are working through it now to help cement things or fill in any gaps after using 100 Easy Lessons. I have noticed DD's reading becoming more fluent. Though that could just be from the continued practice everyday.

Yes, definitely the phonics can be used w/out the reading. They do not correspond at all. We do the reading in 1st grade alongside the phonics, but then continue the phonics in 2nd w/out the reading. The phonics is very thorough and eventually works on other skills in 2nd.