Menu

A long shot... name this children's book!

When I was in the first grade, I read a book over and over again. It was about a girl who organized some sort of play school for younger kids. Maybe over a summer? I think it was a fairly easy chapter book. Maybe on a second to third grade reading level? I thought it had a "B" name in the title. Beverly, Betsy?

I've been trying to come up with the title of this book for weeks now. It was so long ago when I read it, I can't really remember much about it!

Maybe the Betsy series of books by Carolyn Haywood.

I'm almost certain it's Betsy's Play School.

I loved all these books as a girl. I think in this one she has a little pre-school in her basement. They raise a pet mouse who has babies, if I recall correctly.

Edited by fairfarmhand

Here's another one: I read a book about the dikes breaking in Holland. Maybe it was set in the 1953 flood? The main character was a girl who slept in what seemed to be a closet. After the flood, her family decided she was all grown up and deserved her own room.

Anyone know what this book is?

http://www.loganberrybooks.com

Click on the link above, then scroll down to "Solved Mysteries Catalog". There you can browse titles--books are arranged in alphabetical order by title.

If you can't find your book there, enter some keywords into the search box and click "Go".

Or if you prefer, you can browse the "Stump the Bookseller Queries". You can even help other bibliophile find the books they are looking for by going to the site's "Stumper Solution" page.

I love this site! The very first time I visited, I found a book I had been searching for since I was a kid.