Menu

Startwrite & Mac ... PULLING OUT MY HAIR

BikeBookBread

The people at SW have been so kind, but I just feel like I need to get some help here.

I'm running a brand new Mac Leopard 10.6.3... I have re-loaded SW about 3 times now (from CD ... NO luck with the download). I can't get any of the lessons to work. I can create my own worksheets, though, so I suppose that's fine.

Anyone else have problems opening the pre-made lessons on a Mac?

They have pre-made lessons??? :svengo: I did not know that. :001_huh:

I have a hard enough time getting the formatting on my homemade worksheets proper that I don't think I want to venture there. Something about the combination of SW and Mac isn't working very well for me. :glare:

I hope you get stuff sorted out... then let us know how you did it. :D

I hope you get stuff sorted out... then let us know how you did it. :D

:iagree::iagree: :D

I just ordered it and it should be here any day!!!!!!! I have a Mac, so now I'm concerned! Please keep us Mac users updated. I'm looking forward to using StartWrite, BTW!!! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I've been using it, but it is not perfect. Kind of buggy. If I cut and paste text from, for example, blueletterbible.org, it pastes it in, but I have to SHUT IT DOWN to get empty the cache before I cut and paste new text into another document.

I never got the lessons to work. I can't get the artwork which comes with it to work, either.

So, basically, it is only useful for cut and pasted projects (with a lot of patience) or typing manually what I want.