Menu

Dual Enrollers must pay for summer tuition...

Guest KaciMI

Guest KaciMI

We're on the east coast in FL. I just found out that my dd must pay tuition for summer college classes. Apparently, the school board doesn't have enough funds for the summer sessions.

Where does all of that lottery money go!

Are you sure? I've been searching & I haven't found any info on that. Dual-enrollment is state lottery $$, not locally controlled. I haven't talked to our cc for this summer, but dd#2 needs to take a class to be able to graduated next spring so I'll be calling them on Monday morning!

Edited by K-FL

Here, I think it depends on the school. I don't know about summer sessions, but during regular semesters, there is one school that we have to pay and one that we don't. They are in different "districts" and so far, it's only the smaller district that is requiring dual enrollers to pay. Not only that, because of the increase in enrollment, they've severly limited the classes that the "academic enrichment" kids can take.

The only ones that are free are math and science courses. Any other classes you have to pay regular rate and you have to wait until open registration is over so you're the last to get into classes. Our state is even talking about stopping driver's ed classes for free and possibly all together. They've been free since I was in school in the mid 70's. This economy is just hurting everyone.