Menu

AAS - All About Spelling users

3 Blessings

I have absolutely needed them because my kids are in very different places in the program. It would be hard to keep straight who needed to review which cards without some extra work on my part and I'm felt that the cost was worth not having the hassle of figuring out my own system.

Now that my older two are in different levels and may stay that way, I won't need another set of cards for level 1 or 2 for my youngest because he'll just reuse his older brothers cards, but they are also quite a bit apart in schooling (5th grader and pre-K)

Do I really need a student pack for each child???

For those who bought them did you use them?

We have also needed one pack per student, but I didn't start that way.

I started out teaching my two together (2 years apart). When you do that, you can use just one pack. The student pack allows you to customize the review for each of your kids. If you teach them together, then you keep everything in review until both have mastered the card.

My oldest was ready to move ahead faster, and I wanted him to since I was using it remedially for him, so I split them. For awhile I tried to keep track with one set of cards, by initialling who needed to review it etc... Eventually it was too much to keep up with & it was just easier to get another pack.

There is another way you can get by with one pack though. If your children are far enough apart in age, you can take the oldest one through first. If your oldest doesn't need lots of review, you can pass the pack down to the youngest when the oldest has everything mastered. The first step in each level reviews the previously mastered sound, phonogram, and key cards, so you need to "borrow" them back for that step, but otherwise they can be passed down. It's probably easiest if your children are at least 1.5-2 levels apart when you do this. Sometimes my kids still have a card they need to review occasionally from a previous level.

The only other way would be if you wanted to make up another pack yourself, or if you wanted to devise your own review system. For me, having the extra pack is worth the money, LOL!

HTH! Merry :-)

I don't buy multiple student packs but my girls are working in different levels. I keep all the cards in one box with dividers between each level. When it is spelling time, I just pull out the box and get to work.

If they were working on the same level I would just throw in a note with what cards to review with each girl. I don't like to duplicate materials if I can help it. It makes me feel like I'm simplifying! :001_smile: