Menu

Speaking of dds maturing...

We're not there yet, but I do plan on doing something for it. I know there are some pagan-oriented rituals and will probably go with that, with modification. Or it may just end of being some kind of gift and chocolate. According to her ped I still have a little time to figure it out.

I am planning to do something, just haven't decided exactly what. I am thinking a basket with special 'grown-up' things. Probably a pretty journal and chocolate of course. I friend's daughter just started and I'm hoping I have at least a couple of more years before I have to worry about it!

We had a mom-dd day, nothing spectacular, just time to ourselves. We went to the mall (her choice). I bought her a grown-up Bible (mostly because she got baptized the same weekend she started -- big weekend). We went out to lunch. Just basic stuff, but special because I made a point to make sure there were no siblings tagging along. :) That meant as much to her as anything we actually did. :)

Did you do anything special when your daughter started her first period? If you aren't there yet, do you have anything in mind?

Each of my girls got a special "Womens Day". I took daughter out for a nice lunch, for her first professional pedicure and then shopping, with a required stop at the Sees Candy counter for a 1lb box of chocolate to start things off right because in our family, that time of the month is called Chocolate Season. :tongue_smilie:

It was a special and fun day for each girl and I hope they get to pass on the tradition with their own girls some day.