Menu

TWTM Book- 1st ed. vs. revised ed.?

I've been feeling a bit burned out on homeschooling my 13yo twice exceptional son but I'm also looking ahead and trying to figure out where we want to go for his high school years- he is a 7th grader this year.

Several years ago I set aside my WTM book and haven't even looked at it. Now I'm thinking maybe I should read it again. I'm wondering if I should get the revised edition. For those who have read both, can you give me some idea if the revised edition holds such a signficant advantage that I should purchase it, given that I own the 1st ed. and I come here regularly. If so why?

Also, if you've got other homeschooling "how to" or encouragement books that support the classical or eclectic/classical homeschooler I'd love to know about them.

I have both books but only because my pastor's wife bought the 2nd edition and ended up not using it. I'd say the best advantage of having the 2nd is because (of course) some of the book recommendations from the 1st are now OOP. The general gist of the book hasn't changed that much, from what I recall.

I've been feeling a bit burned out on homeschooling my 13yo twice exceptional son but I'm also looking ahead and trying to figure out where we want to go for his high school years- he is a 7th grader this year.

Several years ago I set aside my WTM book and haven't even looked at it. Now I'm thinking maybe I should read it again. I'm wondering if I should get the revised edition. For those who have read both, can you give me some idea if the revised edition holds such a signficant advantage that I should purchase it, given that I own the 1st ed. and I come here regularly. If so why?

Also, if you've got other homeschooling "how to" or encouragement books that support the classical or eclectic/classical homeschooler I'd love to know about them.

I think the books are very close, but if you can find a newer version cheap then pick it up. You could maybe check it out at your local library to see if it's much different than the one you have? I like 100 top picks for Homeschool Curric by Cathy Duffy too. I do have others I just can't remember right now.

I think the books are very close, but if you can find a newer version cheap then pick it up. You could maybe check it out at your local library to see if it's much different than the one you have? I like 100 top picks for Homeschool Curric by Cathy Duffy too. I do have others I just can't remember right now.

I like the library idea if they have the 2nd edition. I could look it over in detail and either decide to take notes on things that are different that I want to remember or decide it's worth it to own my own copy. Maybe if the library doesn't have it, maybe I'll ask at co-op if someone would be willing to loan it for a short time.

I have the older edition, but decided against purchasing the new edition. The new information was helpful, but I didn't think it justified another purchase. Besides, there are several copies available in our library system (and what would I do with my autographed copy?). I would try the library route FIRST before taking the plunge!

Denise