Menu

Question about PLL different versions

LAmom

In checking out Rainbow Resource here I see that Lingua Mater is in color, etc. But, otherwise, what is the difference? Also, if I got the teacher's manual Rainbow Resource has, would it work for the Lingua Mater? Are there other versions of Serl's PLL? Which do you prefer?

Also, as a side note, it is put out by a Catholic group? Is there anything obviously Catholic?

Thanks!

The Lingua Mater is published by Hillside Education, which is a Catholic publishing house, and yes, they did rework Serl's PLL somewhat to include some Catholic content. I have seen both, and while I have no problem with Catholic content myself, I don't particularly care for the color pictures they chose, and don't see the need to add to Serl's work. Save your $$ and buy the original version, IMO. :)

I use the Hillside Edition of PLL and also just received Hillside's ILL.

They have changed some of the pictures, and there are some catholic references, but I don't mind that.

Jessica @ Trivium Academy compared the two in detail... I can't remember if it was on here or her blog.

Also, if I got the teacher's manual Rainbow Resource has, would it work for the Lingua Mater?

Don't know if you already saw this, but Hillside Education has the PLL answer key/teacher guide available online for free here.

I have the Hillside version of PLL. It's easier to use for copywork, since it lies flat. We don't use it as our English program. Mostly, dd looks for poems in it for memorization and/or copywork.

HTH!

There is also a workbook format that was just put out by living books curriculum. Same content as the original, but consumable.

Consumable? Really? Does anyone have a sample I can look at? Thanks for the info! :)